Elwood, IN | Direct Hire
CONTINENTAL INC. is looking to hire an experienced Quality Control Engineer in Anderson, Indiana. Supports good Quality practices and objectives that will provide a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, standards and goal attainment. The Quality Engineer is responsible for the developement of processes and quality controls that ensures products and produced to meet company and customer requirements. Coordinates the implementation of quality services, policies, and programs. Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing good automate manufacturing practice systems; validating processes; providing documentation; and providing required documentation and data to internal departments and customers.
1. Direct product testing activities throughout production cycles.
2. Monitor performance of quality control systems to insure effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Support company personnel including QA Engineer Tech, Engineers, group leaders, inspectors, or laboratory workers engaged in testing activities.
4. Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
5. Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
6. Supports marketing and sales departments to define customer requirements and expectations and attends appropriate design change engineering meetings.
7. Create and implement inspection standards and testing criteria or procedures.
8. Provides support in the tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data.
9. Document testing procedures, control plans, inspection processes and data collection.
10. Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
11. Identify quality problems or areas for improvement and recommend solutions.
12. Provide support in quality control and analytical procedures.
13. Supports vendors or contractors on quality guidelines, testing procedures, or ways to eliminate deficiencies.
14. Monitor development of new products to help identify possible problems for mass production.
15. Participate in the development of product specifications.
16. Support development and analysis of reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
17. Review and update standard operating procedures or quality assurance manuals.
18. Verify that raw materials, purchased parts or components, in-process samples, and finished products meet established testing and inspection standards.
19. Audit and inspect subcontractor facilities including external laboratories.
20. Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
21. Coordinate the selection and implementation of quality control equipment such as inspection gauges.
22. Evaluate new testing and sampling methodologies or technologies to determine usefulness.
23. Review and approve quality plans submitted by contractors.
24. Stop production if serious product defects are present
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, industrial technology or another technical field.
2. 5-10 years of quality technical field and/or manufacturing processes
3. Working knowledge of TS 16949 and ISO 14001
1. Exceptional computer skills
2. Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
3. Exceptional people skills and the ability to work well with all levels of the organization.
4. Ability to problem solve and mediate difficult situations
5. The ability to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
6. The ability to maintain strict confidentially.