Welding and Manufacturing Engineer – Muncie Indiana
Continental Inc is looking for an Experienced Welding Engineer who is needed for Manufacturing Assembly Plant in Central Indiana
- Be responsible for managing the plant welding program.
- Work with Welding Engineering to both develop and assure adherence to weld standards and policies
- supervise and train welders to highest level of weld standards, quality and performance.
- Perform computer 3D modeling, preferably using NX
- Maintain and assure adherence to both internal and external weld certification standards
- Provide guidance staff regarding work orders to ensure compliance to established work instructions and procedures
- Be the "Go To" person for all welding related issues.
- Assure communication between affected areas and sections to assure resolution of problems and technical issues
- Constantly look for layout and process improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in any of the following: Welding Engineering, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience as Welding Engineer in heavy industrial manufacturing /fabrication environment.
- Proficiency with the current version of MS Office Suite
- Proficiency with 3d computer modeling
- 5 years’ experience with Robotic Welding applications and equipment, Motoman Preferred
Pay will be based on experience