Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Perform procurement activities including:
- Establish & Evaluate relationships with existing suppliers
- Supplier Selection for local sourcing
- Negotiate w/supplier for cost reductions
- Analyze quotes from vendors & costs from potential suppliers and prepare for management review
- Negotiate new contracts as a result of competitive bidding, customer service and part quality
- Obtain quotation by generating, distributing and following up on all RFQ's
- Generate and issue Purchase Orders after management approval
- Purchase order placement and management
- Contract administration
- Coordinate supplier production part approval process (PPAP)
- Review design change requests and participate as a member of the change management team
- Support other functions with purchasing assistance/ advice, such as logistics, engineering, quality, marketing, etc.
- Communicate Engineering changes in the purchasing team (Material Planner) and coordinate for implementation w/QA, Eng. and Materials
- Report the supplier launch readiness to program management on a regular basis
- Maintain the purchased price for the locally procured parts in the system (not “Standard Cost” generated by Accounting)
- Support of the cross-functional project team with required quality data up till PPAP approval
- Supplier Management: -Continuously observe the quality, delivery performance of the supplier.
- Supplier Improvement: -Execution of consequent supplier management activities to track any poor performance.
Site specific requirements:
- Cost Study initiated by Design Section of SK
- Supplier Development: Prospective Supplier Search by identifying and evaluating
- Implement cost reduction strategies in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Act as project manager by guiding projects based on business requirements and/or purchasing activities.
- Constant Cost saving study by searching prospective suppliers.
- Assist Material Planner when the problem cannot be solved with supplier’s customer service rep. in timely manner.