Marion, Indiana| 65k-75k | Direct Hire
Continental Inc is looking to hire an experienced Production Supervisor in Marion, Indiana. This position will be in charge of Supervising the converting and shipping and receiving operations to promote a safe, quality minded and productive work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Directly supervise hourly personnel in the printing, forming, shipping/receiving depts.
• Perform routine safety audits and document the audits and corrective actions.
• Enforce all safety policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Schedule daily employee job assignments and complete all production reports.
• Supervise operational area of responsibility to ensure high production efficiencies and smooth flow of incoming and outgoing materials.
• Enforce all GMPs, Quality related policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Provide direction to maintenance resources to ensure reliable operations
• Responsible for maintaining product quality while meeting production and customer requirements. Coordinate production requirements with other departments.
• Identify and implement methods to improve processes and increase production efficiency.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices.
• Ensure full compliance with all applicable company policies, procedures and plant rules.
• Assist in employee development, including motivation, training and discipline.
• Provide input regarding timekeeping, attendance, employment decisions and performance review/wage increases.
• Support and maintain a positive work environment.
• Must be able to work a 12 hour shift - day or night.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
• 5-7 years manufacturing and supervisory experience.
• Excellent communication skills, proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes).
• Experience with LEAN and/or Six Sigma methodology, green belt, black belt or skill coach experience preferred and exposure to SPC/Quality Control
Manufacturing environment with occasional lifting up to 40 pounds. Frequent standing, walking, bending and kneeling.